Friday 9 July 2010

Ok, Where's the Catch


Ok, so we have had a few emails from people who seem a bit hesitant about joining Band Assist, not many but a few. They all seem to think there is a catch that we are going to become a subscription service. Shame on you, where is your faith in humanity! J

Put simply we have all been where you are and learnt a great deal by finding the pitfalls. We’ve been ripped off by labels, cheated by venues, threatened with legal action and played some really bad gigs to no one! In summary we never reach what we believed to be our potential and a while back I uttered the famous expression “Man, if I only knew what I know now then”

So what choices do I have? I could be bitter and curse my ignorance whilst I watch Simon Cowell squeeze the life out of hard working and hard gigging musicians and bands simply because they don’t fit his “saleable requirement” or we can use the knowledge we have to help get bands credit and keep live music alive. You see, speaking for myself, I love music, simply adore it. Nothing gives me a bigger thrill than discovering a band before other people and finding tunes I absolutely love. So not only does Band Assist push me to find new music (and be found by it) it also allows me to give something back

So sign up – I promise:

1) Band Assist will never cost you a penny.
2) We will always be fair and have no agenda.
3) We won’t sell, give or distribute your email address to anyone.

See you soon. Oh and please become a follower of this Blog. I know people read it as I have had emails but we don’t have any followers – we’re loners!

No comments:

Post a Comment