Tuesday 13 July 2010

5 To Watch out for!


Afternoon All


So the review requests have been flying in but I have been asked a few times what are the artists that I tip to make a breakthrough in the next 12 months. Well there are some great acts out there and I aim to get full reviews on the website as soon as possible (this Blog is not really the place for reviews just tips and advice) anyway here are, in no particular order, 5 acts you should check out and are on their way:


1) Logan – Ok this is a bit of an obvious one as they are quite well known to everyone and they have just got signed but still worth being on the list so others can catch on before they explode. These guys have supported some big acts and played numerous festivals. Great riffs, awesome tight feel and a classic rock singer that ties it all together. Proper rock with proper melody – I defy you to listen to “Out of Mind” and not be a convert
Check them out at: http://www.logan-net.com/

2) Goober Gun – Now a little bit of a confession. I have known of these guys in a few different incarnations over the years and all have been awesome (Rat:daddy, Idiot3). It is almost a crime that their songs are not bothering the charts on a weekly basis whilst we ask “Cheryl Cole? Isn’t see married to that camp Chelsea chap?” Anyway, the latest version Goober gun looks set to put this straight. More mature, but with an urgency and 21st century feel. Listen to “1979” for pure pop rock perfection.
Check them out at: www.myspace.com/goobergun

3) Rhyme Asylum – A grimy Urban act that is music at it’s street level. Awesome rhymes, hard beats and a real fresh approach. Every word is spat out and meant; street poetry does not come more real than this. Honed, dark and threatening. This is hard music for hard times. There are a load of pretenders but these guys are the real deal plus so innovative, just listen to Strange Deranged.
Check them out at: www.myspace.com/rhymeasylum

4) The Lottery Winners – From sunny Manchester comes some modern beautifully uplifting pop indie stylings for a great little outfit that are sure to be hassling the top 20 very soon. This is the modern sound of “Madchester” and these guys storm in with some unique songs and harmonies that are simple divine (check out “Sheeps and Dogs” if you don’t believe me). Listen to Lovers Lane and you will be humming it all day –short to the point and utterly awesome.
Check them out at: www.myspace.com/thelotterywinnersmusic

5) Albany Down – I only heard about these guys when they contact me and signed up to band assist a few weeks back. Since then they asked for a review and thank God they did! If they hadn’t I would have never heard “South of the City” which is currently my favourite song in the world and reminds me why I do this, so I get to hear tracks like this. Albany Down are part Skynard, Part The Doors and bring a great vibe.
Check them out at: http://www.albanydown.com/

So these are my thoughts, let me know if I am missing anyone and I am sure in a few weeks I will have 5 more suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment