Friday 30 July 2010

The InterNOT!


So the Purple Prince of Pop seems to have woken up and 80’s legend Prince recently gave a tabloid interview regarding the death of the Internet. He stated:

“The internet’s completely over. I don’t see why I should give my new music to iTunes or anyone else. They won’t pay me an advance for it and then they get angry when they can’t get it.”

“The internet’s like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good… They just fill your head with numbers and that can’t be good for you.”

Surely these are the dribbling of a mad man. The internet is the device that finally brought the world together. True it has it’s bad points but from an unsigned musicians point of view it is the greatest leveling tool in the world. When I played in bands you had to build city by city now if you target and market correctly you could be no1 in Malaysia in 6 weeks! - Without ever playing there.

Also this sounds a bit like something my 75 year old nan would say!

What do you think? How are you harnessing the power of the internet?

No comments:

Post a Comment